TEAMORIGIN is in business to win the America’s Cup, that is why the Team was set up and that is the ultimate mission. The way the Team goes about achieving that business goal is through Race for Change, that underlying belief affects day to day business decisions and beliefs and behaviour of all team members.
TEAMORIGIN is committed to improving environmental performance across all its activities and using this experience to deliver a positive impact on the sport and industry.
Race for Changeis the mechanism with which we will achieve this. The key points of Race for Change are:
- TEAMORIGIN will measure its impact on the environment and set targets for ongoing improvement, continually reducing its carbon emissions
- TEAMORIGIN will comply with all relevant environmental legislation
- TEAMORIGIN will ensure that all members of the team are aware of the environmental issues and support Race for Change
- TEAMORIGIN will work to inspire action on climate change within the sport, marine industry and wider and encourage the adoption of similar principles by its, suppliers, partners and supporters
More specifically TEAMORIGIN will:
- Monitor, manage and reduce its energy usage
- Actively manage travel and transportation to reduce carbon emissions as far as practicable
- Minimise waste through efficient use of materials and energy, reducing, reusing and recycling where possible
- Use sustainable products and services where feasible that minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution e.g recycled, FSC, renewable energy
- Reduce risks from environmental hazards for team members, others and the environment in the vicinity of our operations
- Train team members in good environmental practice and encourage employee involvement in environmental action
- Work with suppliers to promote positive environmental actions
- Continually improve our environmental performance by setting objectives, actions and targets
- Communicate our policy within the team and to the public
- Work towards achieving the Carbon Trust Standard
Everyone is responsible for Race for Change and for improving TEAMORIGIN’s environmental performance.
Sir Keith Mills, Team Principal : 15 March 2010
ED Nice to see initiatives like this nowadays!